Tuesday 28 May 2013

Queens Birthday

Here is some information about the Queens Birthday...
Think critically... Why do we celebrate the Queens birthday? Use your CAFE strategies, in particular EXTENDED VOCABULARY. Do you have any questions?


Picture of a young Queen Elizabeth II


Many New Zealanders celebrate the Queen's Birthday on the first Monday of June each year, as New Zealand is a constitutional monarchy with the Queen of the United Kingdom being the head of state.

What do people do?

Many people have the day off on the Queen’s birthday, which is the official opening of the ski season. It’s usually held on a Monday so is part of a long weekend. The Queen's Honours list is released around the time of the Queen’s birthday public holiday. This list has hundreds of recipients, who are honoured and recognized for public service, from services to television to services to prisoner welfare



Queen Dhanvi extends a message, "Please remember there is no school on Monday children, have a happy and safe weekend"



2 comments:

  1. Hi guys!! It was my birthay on June 3rd the same as the Queen's birthday!! It was so AWESOME!! First we went to Disney On Ice at Vector Areana!! But we had to wake like about 8:00am!! Then we went to Albany Mall then we saw my Big Sister she was going to buy my present!! My sister was on the Hi Five round about and my mum was talking to my Big Sister! Next we went to Dennie's for dinner then they gave out the presents and there were: a J necklace, a mug that has a message on it, a diary that has a key lock on it, a scarp thing that u scrap with a dollar if u get 3 of them u win what u got, then I got a $1 an my dad gave me $50 dollars my mum gave me disney on ice tickets, my sister gave me a necklace along with her boyfriend and my dad gave me the $50 dollar note.... Good Baii ppl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry if I posted my comment long!! He he Sorry!! My bad...

    ReplyDelete