Tuesday 9 July 2013

World Lion Day 2013

World Lion Day is on the 10th of August 2014.


What if there were no lions left in our world?

What if the lion vanished from the wild leaving us only pictures and statues?  


Don’t you think our world would be a very lonely place without lions?

In 1975 there were an estimated 250,000 lions in Africa. In less than 50 years almost 90% of that population has been lost – the current population stands at around 25,000.  Their main threats are loss of habitat, poaching and disease. Lions could become extinct in our lifetime if we don’t act now!

If you love animals and want to try your luck at winning a big prize, read on!

Create a poster, anything between A2 and A4 size which tells the world about the plight of lions today and what we can all do about it – before it’s too late! You can read more about it here www.worldlionday.com

All entries to be received by 31st July 2013. These should be posted to Kingdom of Zion, Gray Road, Kamo RD1, Whangarei 0185.

First Prize – A trip for your class on a guided tour at Kingdom of Zion
Second Prize – A Family pass for a feed or enrichment tour
Third Prize – A Family Pass for a guided tour.

7 comments:

  1. sorry I couldn't come today room4 I have a really bad cough and a blocked nose I also have a tempreture

    Hope youguys are learning alot

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully back tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    So sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys this is JO,I am using the library's computer I am really sick my doctor said I have tonsilitis I don't know what that is but I only know about it is: it is a type of sickness and I don't like this at all. I can't even go on my computer at home because I am suppost to rest. Luckily my Dad let me go on the library's computer. I hope you guys are having a marvelous time at school I really wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo!

    We all miss you and hope you get better as soon as possible. Rest up and take care.
    Look forward to seeing you when you are better.

    Miss A and Room 4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Miss Andrews


    My tempature was 38.9, the normal one is suppost to be 36 but I was higher than 36. I couldn't believe that my tempature was that high. I had to go to the doctor twice already. I love learning and going to school but I never knew that I have to miss 3 days of fun time but luckily tomorrow/Friday I get to go to school because my tempature is now 36.5 that is normal.\

    I really wish that I could be there and do writing I love writing and all the topics that we have to write about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Miss Andrews and Room4.

    Guys did you know the no sick tempature is 36.0 or 36.1 but my tempature was so high and it was 38.9!! I couldn't believe that tempature!! I had to see the doctor twice already! When it was my first visit the doctor said my tempature was 38.9 and on my second visit my tempature is now 36.5!!

    So close to coming to school again which is tomorrow/Friday!! I couldn't believe that I had to miss out 3 fun school days!! I really love school!! Are you guys doing writing still I hope you are because I dont want to miss out writing and the only one doing it when I get back to school again. I wish that I will never ever miss an school days!!

    P.S. I love writing and all the fun topics we write about. Including the holidays one!

    Love: Jo :)

    ReplyDelete